Do you find it tedious that Word documents sent as e-mail attachments always open in Protected View in Word? Every time you open a Word document attachment you have to click Enable Editing, and every time you wish you didn’t have to.
Here is your solution.
- In Word click on File | Options.
- In the Options window click Trust Center in the left-hand list.
- Click the Trust Center settings button.
- In the Trust Center window click Protected View in the left-hand list.
- In the main section of the window you will see an option entitled Enable Protected View for Outlook attachments. Untick this box.
- Click OK to save your changes.
That’s it! Life is just a tiny bit better.