On July 9, 2019, support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end. That means the end of regular security updates.
Don’t let your infrastructure and applications go unprotected. We’re here to help you migrate to current versions for greater security, performance and innovation.
Compliancy is a must – See this Microsoft video for more information
We’ve got you covered with new options
Upgrade on-premises and stay protected
- Upgrade to SQL Server 2017 for greater security, performance, availability and innovation with cloud analytics
- For continued protection beyond the deadline, buy up to three years of Extended Security Updates—cover only the workloads you need while you upgrade
Migrate to Azure with free security updates
- Rehost your SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 with few or no application code changes in Azure SQL Database Managed Instance for a “version-free” platform
- Or, move to Azure Virtual Machines to get three years of Extended Security Updates at no additional charge and upgrade to a newer version when ready
- Use existing licenses and save up to 55 percent with Azure Hybrid Benefit
Three reasons to migrate your 2008 server applications to Azure now
Reduce your infrastructure costs with free extended security updates, the Azure Hybrid Benefit, and optimized infrastructure.
Save up to £750K when you move one hundred 2008 servers to Azure. It would cost five times more to run Windows Server in AWS.
Security and compliance
Get free security updates for 3 more years after the end of support.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.