Riverbank IT, the Oxford-based managed services provider and cloud integrator, has today announced a new partnership with identity and mobility management leader Okta. As part of the IT services company commitment to maintaining and improving SMEs’ technology investment, the new platform, Riverbank Identity Management, powered by Okta, will enable clients to decrease costs, increase efficiency and secure their IT environments, and ultimately enable businesses to grow faster.
Riverbank Identity Management goes beyond password access and user management to a full Identity Management System that provides end-to-end user security:
- Employee access to apps – provide single sign-on to apps and support BYOD so employees can reclaim their day, and give IT an easy way to manage accounts and secure access with automated provisioning of apps, device management and flexible policy
- Secure mobile workforce – provision application accounts, enable SSO, and manage devices and native app in a single, integrated solution with enterprise mobility
- Multifactor authentication – enable flexible verification options, including SMS, security question, or soft token
- HR-driven IT provisioning – faster, mistake-free on-boarding with automated provisioning of Active Directory and cloud apps driven by the HR system, with changes in employee status updated in IT systems in lockstep
- Apps across multiple domains – newly acquired companies or subsidiaries come with their own domains to deliver SSO and security to all users
- External access to portals – collaborate with partners more efficiently with ability to scale a business and offer a truly extended enterprise
Simplifying clients’ lives is a priority for Riverbank. The Identity Management platform provides one service from which IT teams can manage people, applications, and policies across all cloud and web applications. An administrative dashboard contains a summary of key usage and activity statistics, notifications of any problems or outstanding work to be completed, as well as shortcuts to the most commonly performed tasks. For end-users, this means receiving a customised homepage providing single sign-on and self-services across applications, and credentials. The homepage can be accessed from any browser or device, and the entire homepage is easily integrated into a custom portal.
The new platform enables them to manage all user logins from a single place as well as mobile devices with access to company data.
US-based Okta, is a rapidly growing enterprise grade identity and mobility management service. Riverbank IT’s strategic channel partnership with Okta will give the UK SME marketplace access to the pioneers of Identity Management as a Service (IDaaS).
Dr. Malcolm Newdick, Riverbank IT’s founder and MD comments, “Riverbank Identity Management is an elegant, easy to use security solution for our customers and their end-users, and ties into our wider strategy to be a leading provider of cloud-based services. As businesses move further into the cloud, so the need for identity management and mobile device management grows. It’s an essential part of keeping a business secure.
“Okta is a market leader in its field and a natural choice for us as a partner. Riverbank’s growth relies on our obsession with exceptional client service and offering the best in breed to customers is a vital part of this.”
Nick Miles, Channel Manager EMEA from Okta adds, “At Okta, we have a total focus on powering partner capabilities to dramatically improve client and end-user experience, and accelerate the secure adoption of cloud and mobile technologies. The Riverbank team is driving its customers’ transition to a cloud-based, mobile-enabled solution and we’re thrilled that Okta is part of this.”
About Riverbank IT
Riverbank IT was founded in 1997 by Malcolm Newdick with the aim of making IT systems as reliable and effective as possible, enabling clients to get on with growing their businesses. A focus on customer service is the supported by a partnership approach, the foundation of Riverbank’s core values, delivered through managed, onsite or cloud services. The team of 30 is nationally recognised for its leading outsourced IT and virtual consulting services to customers in Oxfordshire, the Thames Valley and London.
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
More than 2,500 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure.