Riverbank Backup and Disaster Recovery
Business continuity is a challenge facing many businesses. The failure of a business-critical server would be a major problem for your business. You need to know that you will be back up and running within hours, not days. Riverbank’s BDR is a fully automatic service that delivers rapid recovery, reducing the window of down-time to just a few hours. It is managed and monitored by Riverbank, giving you a more reliable IT backup and reduced business risk.
Riverbank’s Backup and Disaster Recovery service is based on server imaging, not file-by-file backup. It takes frequent snapshots of your entire system to reduce your data loss window from one day to just a few hours. A backup of the whole system eliminates the risk of omitting important data from your backup, with this backup being fully encrypted. This is all done automatically. Riverbank also run an initial test restore followed by annual recovery test of your servers, ensuring that your business is always protected against the unexpected
The Riverbank Backup and Disaster Recovery service gives you:
- One system covering IT backup and disaster recovery.
- Data backup and file restore
- Off-site storage of backup images in a UK data store
- Rapid server recovery to minimise down-time in the event of a server failure or disaster
- Free loan server for up to two weeks
- Annual server recovery demonstration
In the event of a server failure we restore your latest off-site image to a Riverbank standby server and either courier or deliver the server to your office ready to go. We provide you with a loan server for up to two weeks, so you can continue to work while your original server is repaired or replaced. In the event of a disaster at your site we ship the loan server to a location of your choice. We do all the software installation, configuration and management of all the backups. Riverbank are specialists in ensuring business continuity, so stop leaving yours down to chance and get in touch.
The Riverbank Backup and Disaster Recovery implementation process is as follows:
- Identify all critical servers and data
- Assess the need for on-site storage requirements and/or NUC requirement or sustainability
- Check applications that could impact the backup by creating very large snapshots – databases, e-mail archive files, video applications
- If issues are identified, advise of changes required for server configurations and storage
- Install backup software on the servers
- Create the initial on-site backup
- Set up monitoring and management at Riverbank. This includes:
- Success of the on-site backup (alerts if two consecutive failures)
- Warning if a queue of pending transfers is building up
- Success of the off-site transfer
- Loss of communication with the on-site server or off-site store
- Verification and integrity checks of the on-site images and the off-site images
- Transfer the initial backup to the data centre. Because the initial backup contains all the data, not just changes, it can be very large. It is transferred either via the Internet or by physical transport of the on-site backup disk to the data centre and manual loading of the data
- On completion of initial backups, we perform a test recovery from the off-site images.
- We continue to run the BDR service as a trial for first month. During this time we conduct fine tuning of the backups and the off-site transfer process.
Stop leaving your business open to the unexpected and let Riverbank help you with our Backup and Disaster Recovery service.