Backup is one thing you don’t want to spend time worrying about. You just want to know that it works and that it’s in safe hands. That is precisely what Riverbank Online Backup delivers. Your backup is fully automated and happens overnight so it doesn’t get in the way. Every morning it gets checked by Riverbank. If there are any issues, our engineers are there to sort them out.
Because it is a cloud backup, when you need to recover your data you can do so from anywhere, any time. And because it is supported and managed by Riverbank, your backup is secure. All data is encrypted before it leaves your office and all data is stored in highly secure and resilient UK data centres. Because it is designed for complex professional environments, you can be confident that your backup is protecting your data effectively and efficiently.
Online backup has many compelling advantages over traditional backup:
- Automatic – The backup is fully automated and requires zero effort
- Secure – Your data is encrypted before it leaves your computer
- Offsite – You don’t have to remember to take tapes offsite. This is an essential component of your disaster recovery plan
- Global access – You can restore from any Internet-connected computer
- Ease of use – Self-service restore of lost/deleted files
- Central control – As part of a support contract, Riverbank monitors backups of your servers, remote laptops etc
- No capital cost – It requires no expensive hardware or tapes that wear out
We can usually do all the setup remotely with little or no interruption of your work. Depending on the volume of data to be backed up, the initial backup could take several days. Once the initial backup is complete, you are fully protected. If you have very large volumes of data we can do an initial backup on to a local disk which we send direct to our data centres.
If you would like a Backup solution with the capability to recover servers as well as files, you need Riverbank’s Backup and Disaster Recovery solution